Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illegal termination from network

hello all

is it possible that a specific or certain functions that is running real-time of what the end-user is doing will be stop, kill, or booted-out on-hand? if so, how to know or find it out by the end-user? and is their such a way like third-part software will be installed if firewall is not that effective

i have observed many times in a day that i always trying to re-start my PC since one or two functions that i'm currently doing locally has all of a sudden stop or terminated ... it will only be normalized once i have re-start my PC

i'm not saying that i'm physically disconnected from the network since all the other applications that is running in my local are okay. so i just feel that someone might be doing it intentionally inside the environment, isn't it

i don't want to sound that i don't like to be controlled but what if this scenario is done out-of-way or just want to have a reprisal

this is one of the great aspect or a big challenge in the so called network connectivity

cheers!

Re: illegal termination from network

What exactly are the problems you experience that can only be resolved by restarting the computer?

Does an application stop working?

Do you lose access to a resource on the network, such as a file share or printer?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      What exactly are the problems you experience that can only be resolved by restarting the computer?

Does an application stop working?

Do you lose access to a resource on the network, such as a file share or printer?

hello again gforceindustries and good day as well ..

its like i'm being monitored or the applications that is running in my PC are being watched. though i'm not so sure but its just that i have tried to used also before another OS specifically Ubuntu.

then as an Administrator during those time i used Ubuntu, we tried to monitor also user(s) in the network. when i noticed that a specific user is using high bandwidth or has already gained long idle or process time ... we as an Administrator, kill or terminate the process remotely ..

in awhile, the said user that we Administrator who terminated or kill the program or application he/she's using will came to us and complained that they're application has been logout or all of a sudden was closed without their full knowledge that it was done intentionally or deliberately.

now, i'm using Win XP as an OS for my local PC. and usually, i opened lots of different websites using just tabs in Mozilla for quick access, as well, download files through BitTorrent.

while in the process of browsing, i just noticed or observed that i can no longer go to the next page or click for another link. then when i try to refresh or reload the site ... it shows that page is inaccessible. while the BitTorrent also drops to the zero level (0) its graphs knowing that few instances ago, its high.

am i right in my thoughts that all the applications or programs that i did used which caused high density traffic in the network was terminated or killed or stopped intentionally by someone who knows how to do or administer the network or systems?

it will only be normalized or renewed when i re-start my PC.

cheers!

Comment

hi,

please help.

thanks.

Comment

Let me get this clear. You are running bit torrent, on a corporate network, and want to know if your network administrator may be terminating that process, or your network connection ?

Damn straight. I Would be. Not only would I be doing that, I'd be going to your manager, and saying "this account is blocked permanently until you review the employee's performance, as he is negatively impacting the network, and increasing internet costs."

Get real. You're on a corporate network. It's not your fkn playground for bittorrent.

It's very possible that what you speak of can be done, and it's done down at the network layer, without doing anything to your computer
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

In otherwords, yes, your IT guys can run HW / SW that can kill the connection of certain types of traffic if they are detected.

Talk to your IT department about your concerns.
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Also please note that Torrent is normally used for illegal purposes, which this board does NOT support or condone. Unless the OP can assure us that you are using it legally, I recommend no further support is given on this topic
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X