Website Security and Ratings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Security and Ratings

How do you do about getting websites rated and put into a catagory? Do you submit your site to an organization that does testing and checking of holes in your code? I use a anti-virus software that blocks websites on catagories and theres an option to block unrated sites, which blocks mine because its not rated. Is the catagory as simple as metatags? It cant imagine it would be because someone would have to verify your site does belong to that catagory, right? If there are security problems with a site and its code, can you be put on a bad rating by a user or a company? how does this work, if anyone knows? Otherwise maybe a good reference site to help me.

Thanks.

Re: Website Security and Ratings

Originally posted by Stevenjwilliams83 View Post
    How do you do about getting websites rated and put into a catagory?
    Contact whoever maintains the categories.

Do you submit your site to an organization that does testing and checking of holes in your code?
    If you need to have the security of your website evaluated, then yes you would look for a consultant to do it. They have experience and more importantly, liability insurance.

I use a anti-virus software that blocks websites on catagories and theres an option to block unrated sites, which blocks mine because its not rated
    Contact the AV manufacturer for details on getting your site rated.

If there are security problems with a site and its code, can you be put on a bad rating by a user or a company? how does this work
    Yes. Either people will report the vulnerability having experienced it themselves, a security researcher will have found it, or analysis of a website will reveal known flaws such as http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08...web_infection/

Otherwise maybe a good reference site to help me
    Google...

Your antivirus developer's site...
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Who maintains the catagories? The Anti-virus vendor that allows for URL filtering based on catagory?

Comment

The categories are maintained by whoever produces and maintains the mechanism used to filter based on them.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
        X