Any software recommand for Security?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any software recommand for Security?

We have an issue this morning. Number of users AD accounts were locked out. I have checked the security log in event viewer and those failure audit is generated by a client machine. The machine keep guessing user's account password and made those account locked out. To solve it, we disconnect that client pc from network and did a virus scan.

Can anyone suggest an IPS Software which can prevent this issue? let say, it will automatically disable the computer account when it keep generate lots of failure audit....

Please kindly advise. Thanks!

Re: Any software recommand for Security?

First of all, if possible, reinstall that PC.

Also, look into setting up an alert in event viewer, so you are made aware quicker next time. These are things you can do straight away.

Also, see who logged onto the PC last and whether it was happening in just one logon or multiple logons.

As for automatically disabling the computer account, I'm not sure but I bet there will be a script that will do that, which can be triggered when the event happens but not an expert on those.

Comment

Are you using a Virusscanner on all the clients and are you keeping it up-to-date?
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Thanks .Yes. Problem is gone after we have reinstalled that infected machine. But I want to find a software which can help us to auto disable that infected computer a/c. BTW, We have trend micro 8.0 installed on all client machine.

Comment

Doesn't TrendMicro have the ability to quarantine an infected machine (not just the malware but the entire machine) and disable network shares? Last time I used it (5 years ago) I'm pretty sure it had this ability.

Comment

NO....it can't this time....

Comment

Depending om your budget Symantec NAC (SNAC) associated to Symantec Endpoint Protection will for do this for you.

http://www.symantec.com/business/pro...dpointsecurity
              MCP 2003, XP, MCP Exchange 2003, Sonicwall CSSA, ITIL V3

Comment

Does you firewall not do intrusion protection???

We use Sonicwall firewall and they work great.

Comment

Working...
                X