Public names not found - certificate problem ISA 2004

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public names not found - certificate problem ISA 2004

Hi everyone I've run the ISA BPA over our server and I get this message for each rule that is using the SBS Web Listener :
    The name of the certificate attached to the SBS OMA Web Publishing Rule Web publishing rule does not match the public name. The certificate was issued to mail.domain.com, and the set of public names is Not Found.

I suspect the problem is because if we attempt to reach mail.domain.com from the LAN we appear to get redirected to our router. Attempting to connect to mail.domian.com on port 80 brings up our Netgear DG834 remote admin login box, and https gives me the following error :
    Error Message Network Access Message: The page cannot be displayed Technical Information (for Support personnel)
    • Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. Connection refused(10061)
    • IP Address: 85.xxx.xxx.xxx
    • Date: 01/07/2009 10:51:16
    • Server: SBS-SERVER.domain.local
    • Source: proxy

I thought that I might be able to fix the problem by adding a DNS entry for mail.domain.com in a new primary zone (domain.com) that pointed it towards the correct IP address (192.168.0.1) but this didn't appear to correct the issue.

Googling for 'the set of public names is not found' brings up very few results that I can see apply.

So I'm a little stuck - can anyone here help please?

Kindes regards

Re: Public names not found - certificate problem ISA 2004

Kind of solved

Please see here for full thread : Public names not found - certificate problem ISA 2004 : ISA Server, certificates, publishing

Looks like it is more of a BPA problem than an ISA problem - hopefully it will be of some use to someone!

BR

Comment

Re: Public names not found - certificate problem ISA 2004

Thanks for sharing what you found -=bb=-, it is appreciated.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X