Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to unblock the blocked sites?

Hi, guys how are you doing?

My name is Daniel and i am from Ethiopia but i live in KSA and my job is Network Administrator. my question is, i can't access websites such as hi5.com, orkut.com, ...says the request page is unavailable and also in the URL says that " http://84.235.120.56/blocked.html? I think it is blocked by ISP.

please guys help me

thanks

Re: how to unblock the blocked sites?

Yes, it is blocked by the ISP. Considering where you live, I would seriously consider if it is worth getting caught accessing sites that the government has blocked. Might as well walk down the street drinking a beer. I think the result would be the same.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

TBH, it is amazing this site is available in Saudi. In Dubai it is blocked for being in breach of "the social, cultural or religious values of the UAE"

Now I'm not recommending this, but if you can VPN to a server outside KSA, you might be able to browse via the remote connection to the internet. Alternatively you can use terminal services to access something in a different country.

Of course you had better be sure of the penalties first -- its difficult to type one-handed
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi, guys how are you doing?

Ossian says " you can use terminal services to access something in a different country " i think it sounds good. but i don't know how to configure and use this terminal services. could you please help me?

thanks

Comment

You will need someone in another country to give you access to their network. You don't do anything to configure it
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

you know Sir, i think it sounds difficult because if you don't have some who is your close friend or .... how can he give you an access from his network. but i am asking if there is an easy way how to access it. if not it's ok. because i am in bad place.

thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by danyee View Post

My name is Daniel and i am from Ethiopia but i live in KSA and my job is Network Administrator.
              As a Network Administrator this should be a fairly simple exercise. Why do you think it sounds difficult?
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I'm using vpn service to access any blocked site.

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                  As a Network Administrator this should be a fairly simple exercise. Why do you think it sounds difficult?
                  Danyee, in case you are still monitoing this thread, my question was a serious one and I was not being sarcastic. This site is here to help members so if you have a problem setting up a VPN then please post back for assistance/guidance in the process.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I doubt you will find a solution to unblock these pages especially because they are blocked by your ISP. I'm sure that the majority proxies are blocked and also websites containing keywords like "proxy", "anonymity" etc. My suggestion is to install a hide ip software. My recommendation are http://www privacy-pro com/ip-privacy-features.html or Tor Project.

MOD EDIT:
                    Modified the live url from the commercial product.
                    Last edited by Dumber; 9th September 2009, 17:04.

Comment

Maybe you can try a free software called Ultrasurf. It works for me. More details in below link on how to download & use. Thanks!
                      Last edited by wullieb1; 2nd December 2009, 07:48. Reason: Live Link

Comment

Originally posted by Kevv View Post
                        Maybe you can try a free software called Ultrasurf. It works for me. More details in below link on how to download & use. Thanks!
                        This is a tricky one, Although I believe in internet freedom and all that, i think you need to proceed with caution and obey to the country's laws (And not every countries laws are very democratic).
                        Using proxy avoidance software like above might even get you your fingers chopped ( probably an exageration but worth double checking, especially since the OP hasn't posted in a while ! )

Shifting the situation in different context.. software like that are a pain in the back side for Administrators, especially in schools where the kids try to bypass the proxy..
                        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
                        X