X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allowing Internet Access ISA 2006

Hi,
    how are you guys i hope doing great...

I back with one more problem.... Need Help..

I have a client where I installed ISA server 2006 with Internet restrictions some are allowed to use internet and some are not.

Each system has firewall client install otherwise people who are allowed to use internet were unable to do so.

Now problem is that they have a Multifunctional printer which FAX/COPIER/SCANNER/EMAIL..

It has Static IP Address and DNS configured into it now it's unable to send emails because ISA server blocks any anonymous request from network which is not authenticated.....and there is no option in copier where i can define user id and password also it's not possible to install isa client into it.

So how can i allow this device to use internet i tryied so many options but i end up posting here..

Thanks

Best..

Re: Allowing Internet Access ISA 2006

Create a computer account within ISA.
    Create a access rule where the source is that computer acount.
    Place the rule on top of the authentication rules and make sure that the authentication method is all users.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

thanks for the quick response dumber i will give it a try on my next visit.

Best

Comment

Well dubmer it didn't work.

One more problem i had while solving this problem.

FTP is only working through either command line or ftp program but when you try to do ftp using IE it gives dns error.

do you have any idea about it?

best

Comment

Working...
        X