automatic setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic setup

I recently came across an automatic installaition from this link REMOVED LINK that tried to force an install of some anti-virus software on to my machine. My machine is win xp pro,sp3 latest patches loaded. This came about as I was searching in google for "how to activate email outlook for exchange server 2003" and the most top link led to this link.

I wanted to check with any of you security gurus out there what risks I face. Are there any tips on web security you could recomend to save myslef from what may occur if I am at all in danger.
    I am behind a cooperate McAfee server and I assume out network team know what they are doing with the firewall on the backbone of the network. I have since run the anti-virus and spyware scan and have found no attacks but in the past some users have been attacked by viruses.

What actions can I take to avoid imminent attacks to my pc and protect myself further to what I may already have . Any help would be appreciated. .
    Last edited by biggles77; 7th April 2009, 16:25. Reason: Removed link
    There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.

Re: automatic setup

Hi,

First of all, please don't post links of potentially malicious sites as other people might try to click. You can still put your point across without posting the link.
    Best practices would be three words "Security in Depth"
    and make sure your OS is updated and AV and software are updated regularly.
    Run regular scans and setup rules accordingly.

Link removal reported!

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks for the response and poit taken on the link issue.
      There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.

Comment

tmel173, please check your PM inbox. Thanks.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X