Monitoring Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitoring Software

Is there any free software to monitor Desktop activities , Ftp sites visited,Key strokes , Websites visited? .I have more than 50users in a windows 2003 domain .All of them uses Windows Xp/vista .Please help . I am not rich enough to buy a software at this point of time.

Thanks and Regards

Eldo KC

MCSA 2003 ,MCSe 2003 CCNA

Re: Monitoring Software

For FTP sites and websites you need a proxy.
    For keystrokes... Why do you need that?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Re: Monitoring Software

Originally posted by Eldho523 View Post
      Is there any free software to monitor Desktop activities , Ftp sites visited,Key strokes , Websites visited?
      Sounds like the users are slacking off on company time. Or maybe students are goofing around with Facebook instead of doing their assignments. A cheap way would be installing VNC and using it to peek at desktops every now and then. But as I've said earlier, you are not going to solve a social problem with technology. You need to craft an acceptable user policy with your boss or whoever and forbid the users to do unaproved things. If they keep breaking the policy, have your HR departement to fire or suspend them or something like that.

You could install a Squid proxy (for free) in order to block FTP, some websites too. But the users will find ways around proxies, so it is wasteful a whack-a-mole game.

-vP

Comment

Working...
      X