Web Cam Intruder Alert Text and Email to appropriate Staff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Cam Intruder Alert Text and Email to appropriate Staff

I am looking in ot the possibility of implenting an IP based camera on our network in the main server room. It very rarely needs to be accessed. I was wanting the following.
    • Webcam to be networkable
    • The webcam to view consantly but only record any motion that occurs and/or at least screen grab a few times
    • Text message and email to be automatically sent to the appropriate staff should motion be detected
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Web Cam Intruder Alert Text and Email to appropriate Staff

Most IP Cameras come with bundled software now that can send SMS and e-mail notifications.
    What sort of budged do you have in mind?

P.s. Can't trust the contractors no more
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Web Cam Intruder Alert Text and Email to appropriate Staff

Certainly can't. Not that I ever did.

One of the sites I look after doesn't require site access that often. However, the server room is key coded but sometimes, when I have gone to site, the door has been left off the latch. I know who has the code and it is difficult for me to have a chat with the culprits as we are employed by them and don't want to trample on any toes.

I was hoping for a solution as costing no more than 100.00 but if needed, can extend that. Usually what I propose tends to be implemented regardless of price bit I like to implement as cheap as possible but without effecting the perormance and the key requirements.

Comment

Working...
      X