Websense unable to block Arabic forums

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Websense unable to block Arabic forums

Guys we have websense enterprise installed in our organisation and its been working fine but recently we noticed few loopholes one can say with websense functionality. We have observed that websense is not able to block arabic forums. The reason we want such arabic forums to be blocked is our company is an arab based company with lot of arabic employees, such forums have links within to download movies, music, pirated softwares and many more.
    Is there a way where we can have websense dynamically block such forums i know one can block it manually but this would be tedious.
    Thanks

Re: Websense unable to block Arabic forums

Have you talked to Websense support?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Websense unable to block Arabic forums

Originally posted by sandy2810 View Post
      Is there a way where we can have websense dynamically block such forums i know one can block it manually but this would be tedious.
      The rule about reliable content filtering is that it is not reilable. Users will always find a way around obstacles.

You could stop users by allowing access only to whitelisted addresses, but maintaining a whitelist sure takes lots of work. Manual blocking is just a whack-a-mole game that you can't win, but maybe you can increase the blockage rate by filtering URL requests by using regular expressions to match common web board URLs.

Your best bet is to contact Websense support. I'g hazard a guess that Websense doesn't have too many employees who can analyze Arabic sites, so the database might be quite shallow.

-vP

Comment

Working...
      X