Problems with AOL after installing McAfee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with AOL after installing McAfee

I installed mcAfee but after i installed McAfee AOL would freeze whenever i tryed to connect it gets to stage 3: cheaking password, but then freezes the processes menu in the task manage says it is still using 1-3 of my CPU, it eventually unfreezes and says i have been disconnected. IE still works and ive tryed disableing McAfee firewall and Personnel information protection in case they where blocking it from doing its job but it made no difference. The AOL error box says it is a 47-AC-0000 error. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I think this is the right board for this but sorry if it isnt

Re: Problems with AOL after installing McAfee

In the past, I had to resolve an issue where AOL was doing the same. I reinstalled AOL without removing the existing version and the problem was resolved. It may work for you.

Otherwise, when you installed Mcafee, did you opt for the Full protection? Have you looked at the Virus Console to see if the feature is set for blocking software, spyware etc.

Comment

i downloaded AOL 9.0 from the internet as it seems i have lost the disk for it the only option that was fairly close to what you said was to update it i did that but the problem is still the same. and how do you open up the virus console

Comment

Often Mcafee will have a symbol in the notification area, which is near the system time. If you right click on there, hopefully a menu option should appear and allow you to access the properties. I would have thought you can egt to it via the Start menu as well.

I must admit, I tend to stay away from any product that installs a firewall as well. I use the AV from Mcafee but Windows Firewall.

Comment

well it says that content blocking and Spam blocking isnt installed.

Comment

My Mcafee AV has the ability block software as well. It will be worth still looking for that feature. It is a feature of the AV. Content blocking and Spam filtering is more to do with email and general surfing. The issue you have is with the initial loading of the AOL software.

It will be adjacent to the area where you can also set update schedules etc.

Comment

thnaks its sorted now

Comment

Glad it's sorted. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                X