fccbyrop.dll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fccbyrop.dll

I am a bit unsure about a desktop I have detecting a virus/spyware on a xp pro sitting on my network . It runs very slow and after McAfee scan the results show files deleted except one called fccbyrop.dll. I have run spybot spyware cleaner and the results show tht it has cleaned the drives and memory with one exception although it does not say what the exception is.

My online search on and about this file gives me spyware commercials and some runaround links I am not interested in. Can anyone help me if they know anything about this virus/spyware. I need to get rid of it .Its anoying and lmost killing my pc.
    There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.

Re: fccbyrop.dll

The only sure way to remove a virus and to repair the damage it has done to your system is to reinstall Windows. If you have important files on the machine in question, then they'll be backed up, so reinstall the OS and restore files as necessary. Naturally be sure that you restore from a backup taken before the infection.

Antivirus products should be used to protect against becoming infected in the first place. While the vast majority of products on the market offer the option to remove any viruses that are detected on your system, you often have no way of knowing what damage they have done to your system in the meantime.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

It's a randomly generated name for the file. Most likely it's Vundo, or Virtumonde, or something along those lines. Download this software and run it. You'll probably have to reboot and re-run it a couple of times, including in safe mode. If you can't delete the file(s) in safe mode, you will either need to boot off of an external storage device and delete it from there, or use a tool that will kill explorer, delete the file, and restart it.

http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes...=dl&tag=button
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanks gforceindustires I was reluctant to go that way althoug I agree with you sometimes its not so satisfying dealing with an issue that way.I feel like the problem defeated me and hence less satisfying even though I have done that a dozen times in my career so I appreciate what you are saying.
        Wired : the good news is that I have given the user a temporary amchine to use so I have some time to get to fight this problem I want to give you software a shot I hope it can kill the bug. thanks in advance I will keep you posted
        There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.

Comment

You could try using something like Process Explorer from Sysinternals to see what is using the dll file.

Comment

Working...
          X