Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to access FTP site in ISA2006

Guys,

We are unable to access ftp site ftp://ftp.dow.com through ISA 2006. All our clients are configured as web proxy clients. The FTP site cannot be access anonymously. Authentication details are provided to us by the site admin but users get page cannot be displayed
    "Error Code 10061: Connection refused
    Background: The server you are attempting to access has refused the connection with the gateway. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the server.

I read an article on Microsoft and tried enabling FTP view outside Internet explorer but users still cant access. I tried installing Firewall client on one of the users just to check and it works fine but we cant do this for all users.
    ISA is currently configured to allow full outbound access to the internet with all ports open.
    Is there any other option which needs to be enabled for clients configured as web proxy. I also happen to come across an article which stated that web proxy clients cannot access FTP in ISA, only firewall client users can is this true?

Re: Unable to access FTP site in ISA2006

Just for your info we also get the following error while accessing the site.
    "Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The login request was denied. The logon account might have been disabled or logon information might have changed. Log on again to verify that the information was typed correctly. If the problem continues, report the problem to the administrator of the Internet server you are requesting. (12015)"

Comment

Originally posted by sandy2810 View Post
      only firewall client users can is this true?
      Yes. Install the client and it'll work.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Please review:
        http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/l.../bb794745.aspx
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
          Yes. Install the client and it'll work.

We have around 600-700 users on our lan and installing firewall client for all users only for FTP is not an feasible solution. I understand that we need firewall client if we want to upload, but for only dowloading stuff from FTP web proxy should work.
          Any other solution please.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post

Thank you for your reply i went through the article but cudnt find a solution as none of the steps worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy2810 View Post
              We have around 600-700 users on our lan and installing firewall client for all users only for FTP is not an feasible solution
              Fair enough. FYI, you can push the software out using Group Policy - it will be installed automatically the next time a computer boots up.

Also, you can edit your posts - you don't need to post twice in a row.
              Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thanks for the info mate but installing firewall client would be our last option. We would want FTP to work in web proxy mode. We have also tried different options suggested in technet article and through different forums like entering authentication details while accessing FTP site, changing the enable ftp view outside IE etc etc.
                We have now opened a call with Microsoft and waiting for their reply.

Comment

How are you testing the FTP connection?
                  With IE, via a the CLI or via a third party tool?
                  Marcel
                  Technical Consultant
                  Netherlands

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE

Comment

We tried it with IE, tried it through explorer and also via command prompt, none of these worked. Microsoft has suggested us to use two nic scenario instead of a single nic. We will try that and then check.

Comment

Hmmm so Microsoft is actually saying that it can't work in single nic environment?
                      Can you try using a third party app and by using PASV FTP?
                      Marcel
                      Technical Consultant
                      Netherlands

Comment

Guys finally we got our ftp issue sorted out courtesy Microsoft Technical support. This is what they suggested us to do.

"I would like you to set “NonPassiveFTPTransfer” value to 1 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/W3Proxy/Parameters/ then restart Microsoft Firewall Service and do the test again and let me know"

Thank you all for your effort.

Comment

Working...
                        X