Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way and best software to protect my system from malware and Internet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way and best software to protect my system from malware and Internet?

> I am using sify ISP with limited data tarnsfer package.
    >My ISP is showing that i have downloaded 1200 MB which is not true.
    >I did'nt turned on the PC on the date prescribed by ISP but it showing i have downloaded 1200 MB and has cut down 20 valid days
    >I think some one has hacked my system.
    So i am requesting you to tell the best way to protect my system from malware and internet
    Thanks in advace.

Re: Best way and best software to protect my system from malware and Internet?

If your system wasn't on, it couldn't have been "hacked". Do you have a wireless network?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Are you using Windows XP and have updates set to download and install automatically?

Do you go to Youtube or other video website and watch movies?

Comment

Hi there.
        1. Probably someone stole your ISP requisites, i.e. username+password for PPPoE connection?
        2. Once, there is a lot internet traffic over a month limit (60 GB instead of 20 GB) and all "big company" managers were in shock and though that all network resources were hacked from internet ))) After a long investigation we found that one of their employer logged on to online game server, and therefore have a lot of that traffic.

Comment

No more comments until the OP posts back as we are all now just guessing. I am thinking the 2nd post hit the nail on the head.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by vbolgar View Post
            Hi there.
            1. Probably someone stole your ISP requisites, i.e. username+password for PPPoE connection?
            Is DSL not also tied to the phone number?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              Is DSL not also tied to the phone number?
              Damn good point Tom. Missed that one.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X