trojan downloader don juan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trojan downloader don juan

Can anyone please help me get rid of this trojan.I am a computer novice and I have tried Spybot, superantispyware to no avail. I am getting pop ups,cannot go into google search etc,doing my head in. Please help

Re: trojan downloader don juan

You will need to give us lots more information. What is currently detecting it, what OS, how did you get it (if you know) etc
    Have you run an online scan from Trend (or similar?) (LINK)

I'm afraid my usual advice is backup your data and wipe the machine, reload it, install an up to date AV and then restore your data. With any kind of virus that downloads "updates" you have no idea what else is hidden on your machine.
    Last edited by AndyJG247; 16th September 2008, 09:57. Reason: Too afraid!
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi, Andy,
      thanks for replying. I am using Windows xp home edition, When I try to go onto an online site to try and get rid of the virus I canot conect to that site including the online checker you suggested.Al i get is the message, unable to connect to internet. I think I got this bug through an e-mai and also when I go into my googlemail inbox I cannot open new messages. Sorry I cannot give more info but I am a novice with computers and am unable to do most simple things
      Peter

Comment

Why do you think you have a trojan?
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi, Computer behaving erractically, loads of pop ups, slow performance etc. I did a check with avg and superantispyware and both showed up I had trojans.I went through the process to isolate them and remove them but after restarting computer they are still there. If i try to go through a goole search about these virus when my search results come up I cannot access any sites just message cannot connect.

Comment

Get HijackThis from the Trend site then post the results. It should give us a better idea of what is there. Spybot, AdAware, AV progs etc are all tools that should be updated and run but some spyware etc is specifically designed to get around them.
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

Have a look at this. Have had good success in the past few weeks. http://www.malwarebytes.org/
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks everyone, problem now sorted,a colleague of mine wiped hard drive ,
                cheers

Comment

I hope he put something back on afterwards too
                  cheers
                  Andy

Comment

Working...
                  X