X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i chack if in my computr in my work there a spector

hi

i have a questions?
    how can i chack if in my computr in my work there is a spector or a tool that record all my kliking?
    thanks
    eyal k

Eyal,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you want. Can you please try to explain?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

need help some one is spy on me

well

my problem is that i think in my office some one install thous trackers
      you know like spector that is recording all my moves (tayping)

do you know about any program that i can use to find out if in my computer ther are does kind of program...

Comment

Do you mean a keystroke recorder? What is your operating system?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

yes
          like a spy that is record all what i am doing in my pc (password &...)
          i have windows xp

thanks
          eyal

Comment

Well Eyal, you could do something like this:

1) Run

Code:
            Netstat -no
            and see to what IP addresses and ports your computer is connected. Make sure you're not surfing on the web, and that you have no applications that use the internet, such as Kazaa, eMule, MSN Messenger and so on. A clean computer. See if you have any connections, and record the ports to which the connections are made.

For example, if I see this:

Code:
            TCP    192.168.1.100:51745    66.249.87.99:80        ESTABLISHED     2520
            I understad that my computer is connected on port 80 to 66.249.87.99 and that the procees ID of 2520 is making the connection.

Next, I go to the Task Manager and look for the process ID. You can add columns to the Proccesses display tab, and see which one is 2520. In my case, it's Iexplore, which is Internet Explorer, so there is no problem here.

2) See if there are any suspicious proccesses running. Use Google to look for the proccess name and the port it is using.

3) Run Spyware and AV tools such as AdAware, MS AntiSpyware, Spyware search and destroy and so on. Most large AV tools also have a Trojan scanner in them. Try the Kaspersky tool, I like it.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thank you very mach

I will do it

Eyal

Comment

Also make sure that there is nothing plugged into your computer that shouldn't be.

I had a nice little spy device once that you plugged into the victim's keyboard port, it would power it's self from the keyboard port, and would record every single key-stroke you pressed. Later, you would take the device, plug it into the USB port, and it would come up as an encrypted drive, you put the password in, and it would have text files for every hour it was capturing keystrokes for.

There was also a more expensive version available that could capture mouse clicks and movements as well, and play them back as a macro movie so you could pretty much determine what the person was doing at the time of the mouse clicks and keyboard strokes.

These things are un-detectable unless you physically look for them, because they are hidden behind the computer, and dont actually interfere with the operation of the CPU, Memory, network connections, etc.

Worth look at.

BTW, if the IT Manager is using software to spy on worker's activities, then it's probably on orders from higher up, and personally, I would respect these orders and obide by your company's IT policies.

B.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_brian
                  BTW, if the IT Manager is using software to spy on worker's activities, then it's probably on orders from higher up, and personally, I would respect these orders and obide by your company's IT policies.
                  In any civilized country, if your employer/IT manager/whoever runs spying software to monitor your activities without telling you in advance, he'd be breaking the law and you should disable the spying software and have a word with whoever installed it.
                  make xp behave:

Comment

Originally posted by 666
                    In any civilized country, if your employer/IT manager/whoever runs spying software to monitor your activities without telling you in advance, he'd be breaking the law and you should disable the spying software and have a word with whoever installed it.
                    666, I don't know where you're from in this world but I was wondering what are the common privacy policies in other countries. Is it ok for your boss to snoop in your mailbox? Is it ok for your administrator to have FC permissions on all user data? Is it legal to order the administrator to install snooping software on the users' computers? Is the info stored in your files the property of your boss as long as it's stored on company servers and the time you're spending on it is paid for by the company you're working for?
                    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Here in The Netherlands, spying on your employees is only legal if you tell them in advance, and telling them still doesn't give you unlimited peeping rights.

Germany, Austria, Sweden, and Norway have similar laws.

According to european court rulings, Article 8 of the European Human Rights Convention gives employees 'the right to private life and correspondence,' which means employers may not spy on their employees without prior notification.
                      make xp behave:

Comment

Hi 666,

the right to private life and correspondence
                        IMHO, Yes, the employees can go home or any where and enjoy their privacy life as long as they wish. If they are at work, and using company devices, then those subject to work related. They get paid for working, not for surfing the net . Beside that, it's considered cheating if an employee is doing something in private like checking personal emails ...while getting paid. I know most of the companies deal with this problem by having some computers in breakrooms without monitoring because the employers consider employee's breaktime is their personal one.

Regards,
                        Teamwork

Comment

Hi azmantek,

It doesn't work that way. An employee should have the opportunity to choose if he accepts the way his behavior is spied on or if it's better to work for a competitor with no or less intrusive monitoring. Advance notification of what will be monitored, how it will be monitored, and who has access to whatever data is collected is the minimum legal requirement for any employer.

You wouldn't accept cameras in the toilets in your office, even though your employer owns them and pays you while you're using them. Getting paid by your employer doesn't mean you're a slave without any rights during the time you get paid.

Working overtime and sending a mail from the office to tell your girlfriend/wife/cat/whoever that you won't be home for dinner? Your employer has no right at all to read that mail, even if you send it from a company computer over a company internet connection.

Private and professional life are often impossible to separate. I do a lot of work at home on my own computer, where I send out work-related emails through a mail server that my employer cannot monitor. Many of my business contacts are also friends, and private and business communications mix.

Sometimes my job even requires me to keep business mail secret for my employer. Ever been a referee for a scientific journal? Had to deal with students by email? Send out medical data to customers? There are a million reasons why your employer should not have unlimited access to your business email.
                          make xp behave:

Comment

This thread has gone way off topic. Please start a new one in the Lounge if you wish to continue it.

My apologies to Eyalos for having his thread hijacked.
                            1 1 was a racehorse.
                            2 2 was 1 2.
                            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Blame the site admin!

Originally posted by danielp
                              I was wondering what are the common privacy policies in other countries. Is it ok for your boss to snoop in your mailbox? Is it ok for your administrator to have FC permissions on all user data? Is it legal to order the administrator to install snooping software on the users' computers? Is the info stored in your files the property of your boss as long as it's stored on company servers and the time you're spending on it is paid for by the company you're working for?
                              Let's ban him!

make xp behave:

Comment

Working...
                              X