removing virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing virus

is there any other way to remove a virus ( excluding the scanning with antivirus)? as Symantec support/private tech do? and if so how should I do that
    thanks ahead

"Remove a virus"? Yes, there is. But unless you have the right knowledge and tools to do it, there is a big chance that you won't be doing it right. And if you had those you wouldn't be asking this question, would you...

Anyway, for us mortals, using a combination of AV software along with common sense will solve most cases.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

removing a virus

I dont think it should be a prob to learn the inteface of those tools, and learn how to use them

Comment

I'm not saying it's a problem. But question is if you have the right test environment where you can isolate a virus (any virus) and learn exactly what it does, then learn how to reverse these actions. If all viruses were as easy as "put string in registry, change one dll, add one exe, reboot your computer" then the cleaning actions might also be simple. However we all know about viruses and worms that do much more damage, and thus without being able to know exactly what they did, you'd be faced with a problem when trying to undo their actions.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X