Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant User to Launch Application As Administrtor Privillages

Dear Gurus

I have placed ERM System (Thumb Bases Attendance ) on WIndows 2003 Server and i Mount It By Mapdriv in UserProfile.

Now when user login remote Folder is maped as a Z: drive but(user Privillage) it can't Run this .exe file.

Please tell me so that i can enable this user to launch this application .

regards
    Farrukh nadeem
    Network Administrator.
    ?????Compnay Pakistan

Re: Grant User to Launch Application As Administrtor Privillages

Is this an Active directory environment?

What are the permissions on the share and the NTFS permissions on the folder that's being shared? Could the solution be as simple as granting the users the "Read and Execute" permissions on the folder? If it's Active Directory, just make a global security group named "gERMApp" or whatever, go to the folder and grant that group the NTFS permission "Read and Execute", make sure the share permissions are "Full Control" for all users, and then you should be fine.

Does that solve it, or are we dealing with a client-side application restriction policy? Are they "users" on their workstations but need to be "administrators" or something for that app to run?

More info please!
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Re: Grant User to Launch Application As Administrtor Privillages

If R2 is invo lved, check the mapped drive isn't in the "internet zone"
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X