RSA SecureID

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSA SecureID

Does anyone know if you can cluster RSA ACE servers? Is there anyway to have two systems sync tokens so that if one server goes down all users will still be able to login. Thanks.

N/M I found some documentation on setting up RSA as a Primary and Replica servers.
    Last edited by will.ton; 28th February 2008, 08:03.

Re: RSA SecureID

Obviously you found the information. In our organisation we have 4 RSA servers (one Primary and 3 replicas in different sites) When configuring agents we set the primary server to the replica in the same site and the secondary as the master RSA server.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

What happens when the primary one goes down though? Do you have to configure your RADIUS clients to know that all four servers exist? I assume once the primary goes down one of the Replicas become the primary? Thanks!

Comment

If the primary goes down then it will use the secondary. The Master is only there to allow you to make changes to the topology which are replicated to all replica's
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

But lets say I have an aventail appliance. How will it know to use the replica server if the primary is done? I assume I'd have to specify all of my replicas on the aventail? Thanks.

Comment

What's an aventail?

With the agents we use (These run on servers in the DMZ) you specify which servers are the agents primary and secondary i.e. which one it should contact first and then second. These can be replica's or even the master.

Michael
            Michael Armstrong
            www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Aventail is a VPN appliance, but I can't remember if I could put multiple servers down. I know our Citrix and Cisco appliances should not be a problem. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X