X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiusers environment (mostly windows) - need advice

Hi all,
    and happy new year.

There is another thread about "bigger security for my private data using many virtual machines (VMWare)". It is mostly about security and maybe my idea was wrong. So, I did reconsider my "security" fears and I will try very simple to describe one different point of view.

I do not want to spam this forum - please correct me if wrong to start this new thread.

So, here is the most simple example:
    1) I have laptop with Windows OS. I have 4 users - "administrator", "installator", "bank" and "chat". Windows and users are secured as much as possible.

2) installator probably have access rights close to administrator (I am expert to give details)

3) "bank" user have private data in his private folders, he is restricted to run only IE/Mozila and to visit only bank web site.

4) "chat" user will be used for chatting.

I need to install chat program "X-Chat". Installation procedure will install:
    a) "X-chat" main program

b) "X-toolbar" in IE/Mozila (regarding help file toolbar will help you easy to start main chat program inside browser)

c) "X-service" (regarding help file service will detect if network is available and will start main chat program)

d) "X-driver" (regarding help file driver allow you to show your desktop to the other chat users)

Installation procedure does not give you any options for "custom install".

I need to accomplish one simple task: after installation to ensure that "bank" user is secured:
    "bank" user have private data in his private folders, he is restricted to run only IE/Mozila and to visit only bank web site

My questions are:
    1. how to do monitoring during installation procedure in order to understand about all new drivers, new services, new programs.

2. how to check what are current access rights of these new drivers, new services, new programs

3. how to change access rights in order to secure my "bank" user

Mainly - what is right procedure, right settings and right tools to accomplish this task.

So: do you think it is wrong example? do you think this is possible? but it is difficult? Or it is more easy in Linux?

Thank you in advance.
    Kind regards.
Working...
X