EFS encription and how it works?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS encription and how it works?

I read the article on petri but I have not learnt what I really need to know and searching the internet has as yet not given any results. What I need to know is if I have a folder that is encrypted and I create a new file in it, will I need to backup the certificate again. I am using the standard encryption method for NTFS in windows.

Re: EFS encription and how it works?

Originally posted by munkifisht View Post
    I read the article on petri but I have not learnt what I really need to know and searching the internet has as yet not given any results. What I need to know is if I have a folder that is encrypted and I create a new file in it, will I need to backup the certificate again. I am using the standard encryption method for NTFS in windows.
    The EFS Recovery Agent certificate does not get updated each time files are moved to and from an EFS encrypted folder, therefore, there is no need to back it up again. Think about what a hassle that would be if it were the other way around. As it is, EFS isn't real mainstream popular. It would be even less popular if it functioned in the way you imagine it.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
    X