Seeking Advice - W2k3 Web Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Advice - W2k3 Web Server

We have 7 different software based vpn's to 7 different customers. Instead of installing and managing the software on each employees laptop, desktop, and home workstation we would like to have a single server which maintains a connection to each customers network. is this possible using W2K3 on a server with several network adapters? theoretically we would connect to our web application running on this server. Our web app has a drop down menu which reads a configuration file containing the IP address of that particular customers DB server. In order to prevent employees from having to manage and run vpn software, we would like the server to concurrently be connected to each customer network. when running the web app all customer data is accessible because each network is available. there are no additional steps such as disconnecting and reconnecting or vpn authentication.

Any suggestions on approach are appreciated. BTW - funding is not an issue. I currently envision a hardware vpn connection to each customer which essentially puts us on their WAN. each local vpn would connect to a seperate network card on the server and be assigned an IP from within the range of the customers network. I've never set up such a scenario and i am wondering if there are better or more logical methods. thanks much for your replies - i know this is network related but it is also W2K3 so sorry if i made the wrong judgement on forum placement.

Re: Seeking Advice - W2k3 Web Server

Why not setting up a site-to-site vpn with ISA server or most other firewalls?
    Btw, in my oppinion it has nothing to do with a web server...
    Last edited by Dumber; 26th January 2007, 12:28.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Re: Seeking Advice - W2k3 Web Server

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
      Why not setting up a site-to-site vpn with ISA server or most other firewalls?
      Btw, in my oppinion it has nothing to do with a web server...
      Agreed. A title change and possibly a move to a different forum?

Interesting problem, BTW.
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
      X