Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complaints from the network admin

Hi all,

The network admin has complaint that i had downloaded 4gb of data,but i want to tell you that i have not downloaded anything,he also trace the pc name.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE DOWNLOADING OR UPLOADING HAPPEN IN THE BACKGROUND WITHOUT KNOWING US.It may be because of virus.

IAM 100% SURE THAT I HAVE NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING AND I WANT TO PROVE IT TO NETWORK ADMIN.

SO CAN YOU PLS EXPLAIN WHY IT IS HAPPEN.

Pls post it in brief so that i can explain it to the network admin that it has happen in the background.It may be because of virus.

Is it possible that the downloading happen in the background and i don't knew anything about it.

Re: complaints from the network admin

Is it possible? Yes.

The network admin should:
    scan your computer for viruses
    inspect the security priviledges of all user accounts that have logged onto the computer
    check for running processes

Now presuming he didn't pick "4 GB" out of the air, something has led him to this amount of data. He should look further into this, and try to identify file names, types of files, etc. and then attempt to locate them on your computer.

He should then properly lock down your computer and your user account so that downloading isn't possible.

Keep in mind, you can download information and not keep any files, for example, when you stream music and/or video from the internet.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
      Is it possible? Yes.

The network admin should:
      scan your computer for viruses
      inspect the security priviledges of all user accounts that have logged onto the computer
      check for running processes

Now presuming he didn't pick "4 GB" out of the air, something has led him to this amount of data. He should look further into this, and try to identify file names, types of files, etc. and then attempt to locate them on your computer.

He should then properly lock down your computer and your user account so that downloading isn't possible.

Keep in mind, you can download information and not keep any files, for example, when you stream music and/or video from the internet.

sir, that means it may be because of virus.

Are you 100% sure it may because of virus or anything.

The network admin can't explain what i have downloaded but the log file show that i have downloaded this much of data.

The network admin is inexperienced and he dont know how to trace.

so can you pls tell us the step to trace.

Comment

There is not enough information to say who or what requested 4 GB. I would ask him how he came up with that figure, namely 4 GB.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What about thinhs like playing music/video from the web? That would download large amounts of data although since you dont save anything, it doesnt seem to be a "download" in your mind.

It doesnt take long to rack up 4Gb that way.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by SIRDON View Post
            Hi all,

The network admin has complaint that i had downloaded 4gb of data,but i want to tell you that i have not downloaded anything,he also trace the pc name.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE DOWNLOADING OR UPLOADING HAPPEN IN THE BACKGROUND WITHOUT KNOWING US.It may be because of virus.

IAM 100% SURE THAT I HAVE NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING AND I WANT TO PROVE IT TO NETWORK ADMIN.

SO CAN YOU PLS EXPLAIN WHY IT IS HAPPEN.

Pls post it in brief so that i can explain it to the network admin that it has happen in the background.It may be because of virus.

Is it possible that the downloading happen in the background and i don't knew anything about it.

HEY, LESS SHOUTING!!!

Thank you.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X