Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best Antivirus program is AVG, Norton, McAfee???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best Antivirus program is AVG, Norton, McAfee???

Hi !! everyone, I want to know which Antivirus program is the best AVG, Norton or any one..

Thanks for all !!!

Re: What is the best Antivirus program is AVG, Norton, McAfe

Originally posted by aacm
    Hi !! everyone, I want to know which Antivirus program is the best AVG, Norton or any one..

Thanks for all !!!
    There is no such animal. You'll find that none of them do it all so you'll just have to compromise with what works best for you.

I've used Symantec AV Server/Client. Its nice when you don't want users to bother with the AV client and it auto updates to the local server so it cuts internet traffic. Norton and McAfee AV are both good choices. Also, AVG Free edition is always worth a look, well because its free. There are others too...

There are some things you'll need to ask yourself to help make a decision.
    Where will I be using it?
    Do I need client email scanning?
    Do I need office application scanning?
    Does it need to be simple or automated - updates/scanning?
    Do I want to give the user control over the app?
    Does the AV app detect heuristically?
    Do I need it to detect/clean spyware/trojans?
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I am, likewise, on the search of a good antivirus and firewall for my network.
      I'd like to have real time scanning of incoming and outgoing messages, as well as a firewall that protects my server.
      I currently have Norton Antivirus v 7.6 corporate, does fine but no real-time scanning of messages.
      I have a small network at home; 4 computers. I have only 1 server and this is my "all in one" server also hosting exchange 2003; all for personal and family use.
      Anyone with any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

you seriously have a server2k3 and exchange for 4 computers?

Exchange antiviruses usualy cost big money

back to your question
        you can get the Norton Anti Virus SBS Multi Tier with exchange support
        for 5 clients + exchange it will sot you around 250$

and for exchange side only checking u can use: Symantec Mail Security For Exchange 4.5
        ------------------
        -- ToR911 --
        ------------------

Comment

Yes sir. As a matter of fact, I'm running it now.
          Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 for 2 computers. Love the flexibility of exchange. I'm using GFI as my mail protection program; looking good so far.

Comment

Hello,

At work I have 2 SAV 9.0 servers manage around 5,000 XP clients. SAV works very nice for Corporate Environment. But if you don't have many clients I suggest that you go with NOD32. They're the best in the market for virus detection and client performance.

Good luck,
            Teamwork

Comment

I second that. I also like Kasperski. I sure do NOT like any Symantec product (well maybe except Ghost).
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

well im using Mcafee with ePolicy Orchestrator.
                i really like the central management, central deployment, central updating, central reporting from ePO
                Marcel
                Technical Consultant
                Netherlands
                http://www.phetios.com
                http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

CA eTrust, unbeatable and super reliable

Comment

Well ive used, Norton, ePo, eTrust and they are all pants compared to Sophos for enterprise use.
                    Server 2000 MCP
                    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                    X