Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i restrict installation of rediffbol.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i restrict installation of rediffbol.

I am a system administrator in a Academic institution there is about 100 pc all is connected therough internet by broadband connection. I am using windos2003 sp1 as a server and windows2000p as a client. I have create a user student with domain user rights. but i have seen that they can install rediffmail messenger with domain user rights how can i restrict that they can't install rediffbol and anything with domain user right. What kind of settings i've to implement.

Parvinder Singh
    Parvinder Singh
    (System Administrator)
    Institute of Productivity & Management
    Pallavpuram Meerut
    UP

Re: How can i restrict installation of rediffbol.

To quote Jeremy from here

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
    Well if they need to be power users then I would look into Software Restrictions. You can specify certain programs or files that the users won't be able to run.
    HTH
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

hmm, i just noticed that you have windows 2000 clients, and this only applies to XP.
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

AFAIK you can apply it onto Windows 2000 Pro clients. What you can't do is use WMI filtering with 2k Pro.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X