No announcement yet.

want to have file sharing between computers but not using port 137-139 or 445

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to have file sharing between computers but not using port 137-139 or 445

Hi all

i want to have file sharing between two computers in diffirent network segment behind the firewall by not using predefined netbios port 137-139, 445 as it has been blocked secuirty department and there are not ready to open it
    is there any way, may be by changing default port number by any other vacant port number if yes then how to make it

thanx in advance

Re: want to have file sharing between computers but not using port 137-139 or 445

I'm not sure that doing something which is not allowed by your security department is something that we should help you with... I suspect such help could get this site into a lot of trouble with your organisation!

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Re: want to have file sharing between computers but not using port 137-139 or 445

they are ready for file sharing but not by using default port number as they are vulnerable port

Comment

If the ports have been blocked by the security department, then they have been done so for a reason and as such this site shall NOT help you break into a site you may or may not work at.

If you want file sharing between machines, talk to your site Admins.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

maybe an option, ask for FTP.
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

thanx for response , i got no solutions so i try to convicned security chief, he approved anyway thanx once again

Comment

Working...
            X