Administrator Password was Not Forgotten

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrator Password was Not Forgotten

We fired out network administrator for unethical conduct. No one knows his password or can access his PC. Operating system is XP 2001. I tried to load XP on a seperate partion but there is not enough space. Any other suggestions? Thanks, DiAne

Re: Administrator Password was Not Forgotten

Remove the drive and add it as a slave to an other PC.

What do you need from it??

Comment

Originally posted by DiAne Gordon
      We fired out network administrator for unethical conduct. No one knows his password or can access his PC. Operating system is XP 2001. I tried to load XP on a seperate partion but there is not enough space. Any other suggestions? Thanks, DiAne
      Did you try resetting the password using the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor or similar programs listed in the Forgot Administrator Password article?

Comment

Depends how good your network guy was or who installed XP to begin with.

This is no secret, but boot the PC, but after the beeps, keep pressing the F8 key until you get a menu (boot menu).

Select Safe Mode from the list. When the PC boots, you should have another account there called Administrator (unless the PC is on a domain*).

See if you can gain access to this account. If its password protected, then you will need to follow the instructions posted elsewhere on this forum, or PM me.

* If your PC is on a domain, you will be prompted for a different logon screen. Type Administrator and click ok, again, if it fails...

If you do gain Access, Once in, go to the Control Panel, and Select User Accounts. Select the NetworkAdmin guys Account and click Change Password. But be warned. If XP is installed under the NTFS file system, changing the password will affect any encrypted files, and you will not be able to gain access to them without knowing his password.
        Michael
        Forensic IT Consultant

Comment

Working...
        X