No announcement yet.

New New XP Install - Admin Password Won't Work

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New New XP Install - Admin Password Won't Work

I have a fresh install of WinXP Pro. Set the time, date, timezone, computer name and the admin password.

XP reboots, asks for Administrator password. I enter password carefully and receive "Logon Message - The system could not log you on. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case."

This is the second try at installing XP Pro on this HDD, using the same admin password. Both times I have received this error message. The first time I thought I might have tyoed the password incorrectly. This install I was very deliberate while typing the password.

Re: New New XP Install - Admin Password Won't Work

Reinstall it and dont use a password. Then set the password when it is built. Check your keyboard doesn't have an dodgy keys. That has happened to me before.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **