No announcement yet.

lost administrator password

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost administrator password

This is a tricky one. i recently lost my administrator password but i do have another account on my tablet pc without admin rights that im using now.

My tablet doesn't have any floppy or CD drives, it has three USB ports and i have a 1 GB flash drive with 350 MB left. i can clean it out and have more space if needed.

This account does have restrictions and i cannot use the command promt.

I also have followed the directions on the sticky and it doesn't help so please don't direct me there.

can anyone help me? thanks.

Re: lost administrator password

Also, can somebody tell me how to get the password code and some kind of program that will decode it IF POSSIBLE. That would save me so much time, thanks.

Re: lost administrator password

You say you have followed directions: what have you actually done?

Some laptops can boot from a USB stick, so you may be able to use that in place of a CD-ROM, otherwise can you borrow an external floppy / CD drive?

Please note that, due to legal issues, we cannot make any recommendation about decoding passwords.

Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **