No announcement yet.

Forgot Admin Password

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot Admin Password

Technically... I haven't forgotten it. I changed my password about a week ago, and have been using my laptop so much that I haven't logged out.
    I know the password that I thought I put it, but I guess it's wrong. I have tried a variety of different passwords but none of them have worked. There is only one account on my computer as I am the only one who uses it. Dell Chat directed me to this site , but none of the instructions have helped me as I have no clue what they mean. I have read all the articles on this site that could help me, but I'm really not that well technically smart per say.

Could anyone enlighten me?
    Last edited by yofina; 10th August 2006, 04:21.

Re: Forgot Admin Password

Can I recommend you ask your local expert or computer shop to sort it for you.
    Since you still have access to your PC, try to back up all important files first, just in case a reinstall is needed.

Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Hello everybody. I los my password please help.

Josepadilla, you have been banned for 2 weeks for:
        1. Not reading the posting rules
        2. Not providing enough information and
        3. For hi-jacking another members thread,

Please read the Posting Rules and then come back and try again. And because I am a nice guy, try the suggestion at this link and see if they will recover your password.
        Departed: 23rd December 2015