forgotten administrator password

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgotten administrator password

I have been reading alot of these posts and all but I can not understand half of the things people are talking about. I lost my adinistrator password. I have another account, but its a Limited account so i cannot remove, change or delete my passwords. First, let me mention I have Windows XP.

I need my documents on my other account. I have done an extremely stupid thing by not saving my password somewhere. I am going crazy reading articles and nothing works. I need a simple and understandable method to recover or reset my password. I do not want to wipe out my documents and I do not want to buy anything, although if i have to I will. I know the Mods say they won't Spoon feed anything but I am pretty young and do not understand this computer talk. I have been reading things about this all day and this is my last hope probally.

any ideas. anything. i will aprreciate it.
    thanks.

Re: forgotten administrator password

If you need the fastest method of getting your pwd back I suggest you use the first option on my article (see link on sticky post). It'll take you to http://www.loginrecovery.com, and they'll help you reveal your original pwd. For a small fee they can do it within minutes.

Make a mental note that you need to search the forum for posts regarding taking ownership of files and folders, because most likely you'll need to do that too if you use your "other" user account to access the "first" user account's documents.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

okay i'll try that site.

i don't understand what you are talking about with the bottom half of that. Like I said..i'm not good with computer talk.

Comment

Hi Iforgeteverything,
        Welcome to Petri.

Can I suggest, if you are not sure what you are doing, you get your local computer shop or friendly expert to sort it out for you. If you have information on the computer you do not want to lose, you are best to pay someone to do it properly rather than risk losing valuable information by doing something you dont understand properly.

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yeah i suppose that would be best. i was trying to find free methods. I might give the free login recovery a try but if I have no luck I will just take it to a shop. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by iforgeteverything
            I need my documents on my other account. I have done an extremely stupid thing by not saving my password somewhere. I am going crazy reading articles and nothing works. I need a simple and understandable method to recover or reset my password.
            What have you tried? Did you try resetting your password using the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor?

Comment

Hi, on login recovery does anyone know why it says Administrator like 3 times but only one is being uncovered and the other two are on status 5 (user password blank.)

By the way I know my password but I think i misspelled it and I've tried many incorrect ways of writing it but i still cant get it. I am using the login recovery free version but the letter that i have so far are not anywhere close to my original password.

Comment

Working...
              X