Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recovery Console Password too strong to break?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery Console Password too strong to break?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to recover my machine because of a lass.exe password issue and constant rebooting.

I've tried 3 different versions of "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" but could not get my administrator log into Recovery Console.

I've tried setting a different password, blanking it with * and even triggered the SYSKEY.

Although admin password appears to be blank and "write" process is initiated without error on the above tool, Recovery wont login.

As a last resort I've turned to loginrecovery.com which turned out eventually the following:
    If there is a password then the password for this user cannot be obtained because the security on the system is too high. The LM hash does not exist in the registry and therefore, while it is still possible to obtain the password it would take the worlds fastest computers days to work out even quite simple passwords. Your only option is probably to reset the password to blank using a password reset tool.

Any idea what else can be done? I've read most of this forum realted threads...

Thank you!

Re: Recovery Console Password too strong to break?

Try using Password1 as your password. It has the 3 required parameters of the 4 options for complex passwords.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks biggles77, unfortunatlly it didn't work. any other idea for my problem?

Comment

Maybe I should have posted my questions here...but I already tried the Password1.
        Same issue "didn't work"

Thanks
        Heatcat6

Comment

Heatcat6, this is definately NOT the place for replies to your problem. This is Mluggy's thread so please do NOT hi-jack it. Thanks.

Mluggy, considering the time so far spent on this, is there any reason to not reinstall XP? (You would need to backup your data first, of course.)
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X