Petter Nordahl-Hagen's Offline NT Password & Registry Editor not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petter Nordahl-Hagen's Offline NT Password & Registry Editor not working

I have a stand-alone, Windows 2003 Server system that I lost the password for. This server is not part of our AD network.

I went to a test machine with Windows 2003 Server, and I tried using Petter Nordahl-Hagen's Offline NT Password & Registry Editor to reset the admin password, and it seemed to work.

However when I rebooted the test machine, I could not logon locally using the Administrator password. So I had to logon using another account with Admin privlages. I noticed that when I went to view the Administrator's account properties I kept getting an 'internal error' message....same when I tried resetting the Admin password from within Windows. In fact I can't even delete it even though the account I was using to perform these actions has Administrator rights.

So I am guessing that Petter Nordahl-Hagen's Offline NT Password & Registry Editor somehow corrupted the Admin account.

So now, I don't want to try running Petter's utility on the machine that I lost the admin password for because I'm afraid the same thing will happen.

Does anyone have any other suggests?

Thanks!

Re: Petter Nordahl-Hagen's Offline NT Password & Registry Editor not working

If it is a test machine, reinstall the O/S.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
    X