Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDC 2003 W/AD Password Opps

Severe Opps
    Running a IBM with W2003, SP1, Standard which was connected to a network that had a NT4 box as the PDC.
    Removed this server (the 2003) and it will go to the new building by itself. I know I had to re-do the security since it was not going to trust the pre-2000 box.
    Anyway, turned on the Active Dir with the separate password. and DNS, set a new Domain name, it asked to reboot and I let it..... Didn't think to add a new administrator, the system HAD a local administraor account along with the one in the old domain, now it doesn' t recognize the login (old or new), can't go backwards or forwards.

Tried most of the suggestions I found through Google and failed. The Linux boot disk will not recognize the scsi raid, Thought I had it on sebastien's work around but although it logs in under the F8 recovery boot and I can add teh SRVANY and INSTSRV, which appear to work when loging in through the recovery mode, it doens't work in normal boot up. (SP1 problem?)

I'd even remove the Active Dir but it will not allow any mods while in safe mode.

Any suggestions as to which was to jump?
    Thanks
    Brett

Re: PDC 2003 W/AD Password Opps

I have been informed the the Ultimate Boot CD detects SCSI, SATA and some RAID arrays. Might be worth a look.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

That sort of did it, via many reboots and driver installs it let me install the scripts and change the password to something (although it still took many tries to get a secure one that it would accept, (Passw0rd!)) and i'm back in charge
      Thanks

Comment

Excellent, glad it is sorted.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X