XP password for laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP password for laptop

Hello I'm new and have this problem I need help with.

I have a Sharp PC-UM32w laptop that runs windows xp. This laptop has no cd drive and floppy disk drive(due to it's an exspensive external option ). When I boot the laptop it asks me to press ctrl+alt+delete to login. It then asks for the password.

I had found this laptop in the garbage but it runs fine. I need to know how to retrieve the password or erase it. Is there away to do it thru my PC (which also runs Windows xp)? The laptop does have an ieee,ethernet,and usb conections.

Can someone break this down for me in steps or lead me to the right direction? Is there a way to reformat a laptop thru conecting with a PC?

Thanks in Advance

Re: XP password for laptop

I assume you don't care about what's on that laptop, so you're ok with just formatting it and reinstalling it. You can install Windows XP on a computer by using any of the following options:

- A bootable installation CD
    - An MS-DOS bootable floppy + the installation CD
    - An MS-DOS bootable floppy + the installation files located locally on the computer's HD
    - A bootable network card (PXE compliant) + a network image of XP
    - A bootable Ghost floppy + a Ghost image on the local HD or in a CD/DVD media
    - A bootable Ghost floppy with network support + a Ghost image on a network share

Figure out which of these you want to use.

Did I miss anything?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: XP password for laptop

Originally posted by danielp
      I assume you don't care about what's on that laptop, so you're ok with just formatting it and reinstalling it. You can install Windows XP on a computer by using any of the following options:

- A bootable installation CD
      - An MS-DOS bootable floppy + the installation CD
      - An MS-DOS bootable floppy + the installation files located locally on the computer's HD
      - A bootable network card (PXE compliant) + a network image of XP
      - A bootable Ghost floppy + a Ghost image on the local HD or in a CD/DVD media
      - A bootable Ghost floppy with network support + a Ghost image on a network share

Figure out which of these you want to use.

Did I miss anything?
      WOW thanks.

The options I have it must be done thru my PC. So which one should I do?

Comment

Working...
      X