No announcement yet.

Windows 2000 PC - administrator password

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 PC - administrator password

Hi, this is my first post. Unfortunately, my son was messing with his pc and changed/deleted the users/passwords. I tried various approaches to remember password etc but then resorted to trying to use two of the tools that you suggested, loginrecovery and austrumi without success. The same problem on both. I produce the floppy/cd as directed put into the PC (turned off) and then boot up. Problem is the boot process continues through the full cycle until it gets to the page where you have to enter a password. I have gone into setup and made sure floppy or disk drive is first boot device. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Windows 2000 PC - administrator password

Hi jonb

I'd check the BIOS again and make sure the floppy drive is one of the boot devices and that it's the first boot device. If it's just booting into Windows then it's not even attempting to boot from the floppy drive. It's either that or there's a problem with the hardware.

Also, you might be able to hit a key (e.g. <F12>) during boot to get to a boot menu (kinda like getting into the BIOS)

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond