Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to get into an old laptop, smart ppl REJOICE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to get into an old laptop, smart ppl REJOICE!

Well, I have an old sony Viao laptop that has some important information stored on it and I want to log into it but can't, its a windows XP etc. Right now I am on my Desktop XP, and I forgot my old admin password for the laptop. The problem is, since it is so old, got it in like 2000, it doesn't and didn't come with a floppy disk or CD-ROM drive[s], and the docking station was destroyed a while back.

SO, is there a way I could access or "hack" that old laptop from this computer, or like do some sort of key-combination on the old laptop to go into some different mode, because I don't want to lose all the data on the machine by resetting it, and it has no drives (CD, floppy).

Is there a way I can get in?

PS. They are both connected to the internet and are windows XP, both computers are up and running as I speak so i can do what I need to do ASAP

Re: Need to get into an old laptop, smart ppl REJOICE!

I don't suppose it will allow you to boot from USB either being that old. If it was me, I would remove the HDD, connect it to an adapter (either a USB caddie or 2" to IDE connector) put it into a desktop and copy the required data across to the desktop. However, I don't know how hard it is to remove the HDD from that laptop so it may not be a viable option for you.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thx for the tip, but to remove anything from this piece of junk would probably make it fall apart lol, and this XP I am on now isn't too big on "avaliable space" either.

Comment

I am in the same boat. I would like to know how to do this also.

Comment

Kirkland, please start a new thread and include some information about your problem. Thanks.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X