Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to Access windows Xp admin no password

http://http://www.petri.com/forgot_a...r_password.htm

I can find my way around computers pretty good sometimes... but I need help I don't really understand a lot of what it says in the link and I need to access my brothers computer. He is Running XP

Re: Need to Access windows Xp admin no password

Why do you need access to your brothers pc??

Comment

Because he's on it 24/7 and won't get off of it and we need to get a passwrod on it so we can regulate his time

Comment

Ever thought of just removing the power cables, unplugging the keyboard, just saying NO!!
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
          Ever thought of just removing the power cables, unplugging the keyboard, just saying NO!!

Brilliant

Comment

Your a loser I figured it out anways fag

Comment

Originally posted by mattnike
              Your a loser I figured it out anways ********
              Excuse me, he is trying to help you out! You were asking about one way to solve your problem, he provided an alternate way.

If someone is truly on 24/7, or enough that you need to regulate him, physical denial is the simplest way. He may need serious help if he is addicted to the computer.
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

hows that trying to help thats an obvioius way and it wouldnt solve it if he still new the password and could jsut use spare cables or plug them right back in

Comment

I don't think you will be able to regulate his time by putting a password on the computer. The first thing he will do when you allow him to log on during his "regulated time" is change the password to lock you out. In addition, the moment he finds out that you are tampering with his computer, he will probably start taking additional measures to keep you out. In all honesty, given your level of knowledge, and the fact that you're brother is on 24x7, I'd give your brother the benefit of the doubt that he could out-smart you in a game of computer cat and mouse. You'd be bringing a knife to a gun fight.

You've got somewhat of a good idea but I don't think it's going to get you much. I agree with the others that in this case, you'd be better of tackling the problem from another direction. If your brother needs help, go about this the right way and get him some help. Don't screw around with his computer. That will instantly make you the enemy. Are there parents that can get involved here?

When I was real young and I used to spend too much time on the computer my mom would take the power cables away or she'd make me take it to my dad's house and leave it there. Too much time on electronic devices can cause anti-social behavior. Try talking to your brother. I mean a real heart to heart conversation, not a casual BS session over chips and beer. He needs to understand where things are at. He may be so involved with the computer that he doesn't see it, doesn't accept it, or doesn't care.

On the other hand, if he is on 24x7, he might have good job prospects in the computer business. Many companies expect their engineers to have pagers and cell phones and be available 24x7. It's borderline ridiculous. Sounds like that might be right up your brother's alley. Is he ready for a career yet?

Jas
                  Last edited by jasonboche; 12th June 2006, 04:18.
                  VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
                  boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
                  My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Also, does he have XP Home or XP Pro?
                    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by mattnike
                      hows that trying to help thats an obvioius way and it wouldnt solve it if he still new the password and could jsut use spare cables or plug them right back in
                      Listen, you just grab him by his underwear and beat him senseless. Or, you could wait till he takes his monthly shower, and then grab hold of his computer. Or, wait till his hands are all dirty from pizza, then when he logs on, you'll see all the pizza sauce prints all over the right keyboard keys, then you'll guess his password from there.

How's that for an answer?
                      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Hi
                        I have a similar problem with admin passwprd.
                        My PC crashed and when I reboot I get the page with the options to start in safe mode, last known config etc. I cannot reboot from any of the options and when I try I get the same page back in front of me. I have tried recovery console and when I get the option to type administrator password this also fails. I have never used any admin password and after three attempts I am asked to press enter and my Pc starts over again. I cannot reinstall windows XP either because when I am asked to press the F8 key to accept the disclaimer nothing happens. Can anyone advise me on what to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Picamix
                          Hi
                          I have a similar problem with admin passwprd.
                          My PC crashed and when I reboot I get the page with the options to start in safe mode, last known config etc. I cannot reboot from any of the options and when I try I get the same page back in front of me. I have tried recovery console and when I get the option to type administrator password this also fails. I have never used any admin password and after three attempts I am asked to press enter and my Pc starts over again. I cannot reinstall windows XP either because when I am asked to press the F8 key to accept the disclaimer nothing happens. Can anyone advise me on what to do?
                          Go back to your initial thread. The answers are there. Also, this is considered to be a double post and is not allowed on this site. Thanks.
                          1 1 was a racehorse.
                          2 2 was 1 2.
                          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Go back to your initial thread. The answers are there. Also, this is considered to be a double post and is not allowed on this site. Thanks.
                            Sorry mate but I am new to this and I thought you may have been a little more considerate. I could not find my initial thread but I have now.

Comment

Working...
                            X