xp home admin password gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xp home admin password gone

Hi all, the problem is in a machine that runs xp home with sp2 in a sata drive ntfs file system.
    After installing a web cam and a needed reboot, i tryed to enter the usual administrator password and the system allways return me a password error.
    Tried a repair installation thinking i could use shift+F10 to access thru console and change users accounts, but no success allways ask me for administrator password.
    I dont want to format the hard drive, not until try everything.
    What else can i do?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jose Alves

Re: xp home admin password gone

Originally posted by jalves
    I dont want to format the hard drive, not until try everything.
    What else can i do?
    you don't need to do this (for the moment )

first of all, read this, there are many ways... or if you don't have the patience for that, try directly the http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bd050303.zip method, copy that on a floppy, boot with it and reset your pass to blank, for example.
    Last edited by hzb; 9th March 2006, 08:53.

Comment

Re: xp home admin password gone

Hi all many many thanks, problem solved
      I used the floppy method (used cd), and it works like a charm.
      Jose Alves

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I got in too! This works.

Thank you guys! I managed to get in thanks to this forum. You are my heros.

Small addition to the procedure though. If your password is set never to expire, do remember to choose to set it to expire (the recovery program gives a default [n] answer - do remember to type y) and then blank the password. Works beautifully.

I'm never changing passwords on university PCs again

Comment

Working...
          X