Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot Admin Password

Assalam-O-Alikum

Dear Fellows, I hav a prob. that I hav forgot the Administrator Password of my Windows XP, Service Pack 2.

Now I dont want to install new Windows as my Data might be deleted by this action. and i hav only Administrator User Account on my OS.

So there is no option to change my Admin Password or Remove my Admin Password.

Now, how can i ENTER to an OS without having admin password ( As i forgot it ).

Is there any way to Break that Password and I can Enter into the System...

I m hoping to get the Answer from this forum.

I m a Newest Member and this is my 1st post. Hope for the positive reply

Thnx for reading my post.

Waiting 4 reply.....

Re: Forgot Admin Password

Did you check the "Forgot administrator password" article

http://www.petri.com/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Oh! Yes

I hav Read all the Alternatives !

Thats y i m asking some diff. method

Cuz i dont Format Windows or Create another Drive OS Installation
      Also i cant use Floppy Drive OR Software Method

Thats y i was asking some other alternative.

suppose, If i wud got solution from abv link, then y should i post ( Write too much text ) here.....

So is there ny body to help me out

Comment

What is wrong with the floppy method but instead of a disk, you use a USB drive/pen drive/USB key?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi all and hi FaHaD.
          It's difficult to access your computer if you forget admin password. Unless you are a hacker (certainly soso level). So that, it's not easy to post a positive reply. The best way, you must read and do last article(using floppy disk or using admin recover password tools. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by FaHaD
            Oh! Yes

I hav Read all the Alternatives !

Thats y i m asking some diff. method

Cuz i dont Format Windows or Create another Drive OS Installation
            Also i cant use Floppy Drive OR Software Method

Thats y i was asking some other alternative.

suppose, If i wud got solution from abv link, then y should i post ( Write too much text ) here.....

So is there ny body to help me out
            You say you read the article but you need a different method.

Why?

Why not use the method that has helped all the others? What makes your issue so different? Do you have a floppy or a CD drive? If not, do you have a USB port? Then why not use the above alternative?

Originally posted by anonymuos
            Hi all and hi FaHaD.
            It's difficult to access your computer if you forget admin password. Unless you are a hacker (certainly soso level). So that, it's not easy to post a positive reply. The best way, you must read and do last article(using floppy disk or using admin recover password tools. Good luck.
            And you, Mr. Anonimous, why confuse people? You say it's hard to access your computer if you forget the admin pwd, and that you need to be a hacker. Well, can you please explain yourself? There are many many people on this forum that have successfully accessed their data and operating system and they are certanly no hackers.
            Last edited by danielp; 12th March 2006, 08:24.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I sometimes have to access systems that were installed before I took up my present position, on some occasions it is necessary to reset the administrators password to access the system, I use EBCD. It has other uses as well but is very useful for gaining access.

Comment

I have read the article and the messages on the thread. I am just a "lay person" when it comes to some computer linggo. I had reset my admin. password after creating a user XP account. However, NOW it's saying my password is incorrect. Luckily, my newly added user account (which has limited access to the computer) has no passwords, so i'm able to do some basic things. however, will i EVER have access to my old files again?

I have read the articles, but I am getting a bit lost in the linggo. From what I was reading, the second method (on the article) seemed to be the easiest. however, i am unsure about the lost data. I haven't had anything like this happen before, so does that mean that i will lose everything??

i would appreciate ANY "simple talk" anyone can offer simple ol' me.

ordinary common folk getting lost in my computer,
                Tia

Comment

In most cases, the admin's password resetting will have little or no effect on any type of data. However, if the admin (or user) has had files and data encrypted with EFS (an encryption method used by Windows 2000 and above, and the NTFS filesystem), then these files and data will be lost because of the pwd resetting. That's the way it is.

Note that when performing a regular pwd change (as opposed to resetting it), EFS encrypted files will not be harmed.

If you're 100% you never manually encrypted ANYTHING while logged on as the admin/user, then you can go ahead with any of the methods mentioned in that article.

Method #1, the loginrecovery.com website, is different because if used, will actually tell you what the lost pwd was, so you do NOT need to reset it, you just use it again. That method can be free, but then you need to wait up to 2 days for the password, or you could go for the paid version, which for a few bucks will give you the pwd in a few minutes.
                  Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                  Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                  MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Hello,

The easiest way to crack the admin password is with the help of WindowsXP SP2 CD

all you need to do is you need to boot the PC with the help of WindowsXP SP2 CD then go for repaire mode then after some boot your PC and at the setup screen press Shift + F10 and type nusrmgr.cpl. then reset the password for administrator
                    simple.

if any query do revert or mail me [email protected]

bye take care

Comment

Working...
                    X