No announcement yet.

forgotten admin password

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgotten admin password

i've got a slight problem with my home computer, as i have changed my account password but it no longer accepts it!

Can somebody please help me as i need access to the computer to continue my A-Levels...

Re: forgotten admin password

Forum rules:

Remember for next time:

1) Search BEFORE you post

Take a look at my main site at and perform a simple search by using the search box on the top right side of each page. Also, I cannot stress enough that you should always perform a seach on these forums before asking your "very important and unique" question. Many questions have already been answered, there is no point in answering them again. Duplicate questions will be deleted or locked out, and users that cannot understand this simple rule will either be ignored, or banned if they can't get the hint.

This should get you started:
    Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Dear johnny!
      Do not limit your search to thsi site use other search engines.
      If you belive on open source softwares then you could find better ways to find you pass.

I'm so glad you answered! Really!

After taking so much from our forums (113 posts, not that much for helping others, but mostly for asking questions yourself) I am sure you would be very greatful if we ask you to post your findings here, on this forum.

There are many open source tools out there, so don't limit yourself to this forum, use Google or any other search engine and please do come back to us with some nice tips, tools and information on this topic.

We are all waiting. You are a very active member of these forums, and I'm sure you'd appreciate it if someone else would have done the same for you.

So please, be our guest.
        Last edited by danielp; 24th February 2006, 14:43.

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services

I suppose Active@ Password Changer tool should help you. It is a small yet powerful tool that can quckly reset lost or forgotten pass. the tool helped me before so give it a try.