Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

other ways to find adminpass on a PC with DeepFreeze installed(2 methods didn't work)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other ways to find adminpass on a PC with DeepFreeze installed(2 methods didn't work)

At our school there are 24 PCs with win2000 installed.
    We only have a restricted user, and we don't know the "machine admin" password and neither the "domain admin" password.

First of all, I tried the http://www.petri.com/reset_domain_ad...ws_2000_ad.htm method; I used the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor boot disk and I set the machine admin pass to blank.(1st step)
    I did the next steps correctly, I set cmd.exe as screensaver exactly as it says (from Directory Service Recovery Mode),..., but when I typed 'mmc dsa.msc' in cmd, the "Active Directory Users and Computers" window just won't open (it gave me an error, I forgot what it said). why?

I also tried the www.loginrecovery.com method, (I tried it at home too - it worked), but at school it said that the pass had "code 06" high level of security..., or something like that. why?

There is another IMPORTANT thing i have to mention: all the PCs have DeepFreeze installed; there is only 1 partition which is freezed (c), and there is another (d) mounted from the server (or something like that - anyway it's not freezed); my point was that once the admin pass found, to install iOpusStarr on c:\ (it couldn't be fully installed from the restricted user - that's why i needed the machine admin pass) and set it to save report on d:\ and hope that the teacher would enter deepfreeze BEFORE the next restart. Anyway, if he doesn't, all I have to do is to install iOpusStarr again after the next restart (because deepfreeze 'erases' it - but it won't erase report.htm on d:\)

other method for deepfreeze could be http://www.governmentsecurity.org/fo...?showtopic=123, but NTFSDOSPRO costs 300$

the questiond i have are
    1. is there another efficient method to FIND (preferable not to change - without knowing the previous) the 'domain admin' pass from the server?
    2. once I find it, how else can I find the DeepFreeze pass (or any method to deactivate it)?

Re: other ways to find adminpass on a PC with DeepFreeze installed(2 methods didn't work)

PS: the error it gave me when i typed "mmc dsa.msc" there in cmd was "bad command or file name"

the deepfreeze it's being used at school is a trial version. how can i reset teh date from BIOS in windows environment, because we don't have any floppy or CD-ROM to boot up from.
    Anyway, is there any other method to get rid of deepfreeze in these conditions?

I would really appreciate an answer!

Comment

Re: other ways to find adminpass on a PC with DeepFreeze installed(2 methods didn't work)

Before people begin to answer, I would like to remind you that this is not a hacking forum (not yet, at least), and we do not allow postings about hacking into systems you're not supposed to be in.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

So you don't have the machine passwords or the Domain Admin passwords. Why don't you ask the Domain Admin??

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1
          So you don't have the machine passwords or the Domain Admin passwords. Why don't you ask the Domain Admin??
          You mean our teacher? because he will not tell me the passwords. (or to neither of us)... All we have is a restricted user, specially for us.

And, to answer to danielp too, i thought that's the idea of this forum, "Dedicated to discussions about the "forgot administrator password" set of articles."
          Indeed i didn'y quite forget the admin passwords, but anyway all the methods you have on this site for the forgot admin passwords can be used in my situation, too... and although i'm "posting about hacking into systems i'm not supposed to be in", my teacher and me had a bet about this (he said that i couldn't find a method to find the domain admin pass from the server, and eventually - the password from DeepFreeze or any way to deactivate DeepFreeze). So, in a way, HE allowed me to do this.

... So I would still appreciate an answer, if you have! (please don't close this thread)
          Last edited by hzb; 23rd February 2006, 21:19.

Comment

So, in a way, HE allowed me to do this.
            That's a bit like saying if you don't give me what I want I will shoot this person and it will be your fault.

You are still trying to ge access to an area you are forbidden from entering. Since you teacher gave YOU the challenge, we are not part of it.

Good luck. (and since I work in schools, I hope you do not succeed. Sorry)
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by hzb
              You mean our teacher? because he will not tell me the passwords. (or to neither of us)... All we have is a restricted user, specially for us.

And, to answer to danielp too, i thought that's the idea of this forum, "Dedicated to discussions about the "forgot administrator password" set of articles."
              Indeed i didn'y quite forget the admin passwords, but anyway all the methods you have on this site for the forgot admin passwords can be used in my situation, too... and although i'm "posting about hacking into systems i'm not supposed to be in", my teacher and me had a bet about this (he said that i couldn't find a method to find the domain admin pass from the server, and eventually - the password from DeepFreeze or any way to deactivate DeepFreeze). So, in a way, HE allowed me to do this.

... So I would still appreciate an answer, if you have! (please don't close this thread)
              There are ways and means of getting the Domain Admin password from the server but i really don't think you will find any help here in finding it.

Depending on how strong the password is on the Domain will determine how long it will take you to crack this. Remember the longer te passsword the longer the amount of time it will take to get it and this could be months depending on the speed of your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
                That's a bit like saying if you don't give me what I want I will shoot this person and it will be your fault.

You are still trying to ge access to an area you are forbidden from entering. Since you teacher gave YOU the challenge, we are not part of it.

Good luck. (and since I work in schools, I hope you do not succeed. Sorry)

Don't worry, if i somehow manage to do this, you'll be the first to know.
                I have plenty of time...
                Last edited by hzb; 25th February 2006, 23:59.

Comment

Working...
                X