Strange Windows 7 Password Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Windows 7 Password Problem

Something happened to my computer and am looking for more ideas. All of the sudden our computer started asking for a password to open up Windows 7. The weird thing is I don't recall even setting a password? I've tried everything to open our computer up and can't get anywhere?! I've tried the sticky keys trick, Ophcrack, PC login Now, and nothing seems to work?! The password clearing ISO programs seem to start up fine, but end up saying they can't find anything? Even after clearing the Administrator password, it still says that the password is invalid?! I need to get pictures and music off before I can do a full system restore! What can I do?! has anybody heard of this?!

Re: Strange Windows 7 Password Problem

have you tried no password? (ie, just hitting enter?)

Passwords can suddenly become required if you've enabled a differetn type of sharing, or if you have multiple user accounts on a computer..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Yeah, I've tried everything I could think of! Like what I mentioned before, even if I use the sticky notes trick to reset the administrator password, it still won't allow it to work?! Even a program like Ophcrack doesn't work? Its starts up like the tutorial shows, but comes up saying that it can't find anything. If I enter in the screen name in the "net user" sticky notes trick, it says it can't find a name that matches, even though I'm looking right at it!? I think I'm screwed?!

Comment

Originally posted by thelokens
        Even after clearing the Administrator password, it still says that the password is invalid?!
        The account may be locked. Try using Peter Norhdal's program. It should show you if the account is locked and allows you to unlock it if it is. Once unlocked then Blank the password.

This thread may need to be moved to the Forgot Password Forum.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Mooooooved!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I was about to use the offlineNT program but I couldn't find anything about it working on Windows 7.I really appreciate everyones input. Nothing is fixed yet but it's nice when people try to help.

Comment

petter nordahl's disk definitely works on windows 7
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
              X