Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reset Administrator Password but need to know how to login as Local Administrator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset Administrator Password but need to know how to login as Local Administrator

Hello there. I have successfully reset the password for username "Administrator" using some free tools without any problem. Unfortunately, I still cannot log on as I don't know how to log on without logging into a domain.

I have pressed F8 during boot to get into Directory Service Restore Mode and disable Active Directory but when I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete I see the fields "User name," "Password," and "Log on to."

I input "Administrator" for the user name (the password is blank) but it still won't allow me to log in, I'm guessing because of the "Log on to" field which is usually used for domains. I am just trying to access the machine, not the domain, so does anyone have any insight they'd be willing to lend that show how I can just log in, noting that my user name is Administrator and the password blank?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Reset Administrator Password but need to know how to login as Local Administrator

Alright. I fiddled around with a few more tools and found one that did a better job so everything is in working order now. Thanks.

Comment

Re: Reset Administrator Password but need to know how to login as Local Administrator

Which one was it? Share, others might benefit from this post.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I have same problem. I can not login w2k3 Server (Local or Domain). I tried to reset local password but there is nothing changed. Thanks for help.

PS: I'm sorry for my bad English.
        Last edited by KunduN; 1st February 2006, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by KunduN View Post
          I have same problem. I can not login w2k3 Server (Local or Domain). I tried to reset local password but there is nothing changed. Thanks for help.

PS: I'm sorry for my bad English.
          I have the same problem. I can't login. I forgot my admin password. Can you tell me what you did?

Comment

Working...
          X