Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forgot Local Admin password on windows xp pro machine.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot Local Admin password on windows xp pro machine.

Hello there,

My brother bought a second hand computer with (windows XP Pro) for my nieces/nephew to use and to do their homework on. I created a profile for myself with "Local Admin rights" and used a password to protect it. I created 2 user profiles for the kids with "User" privileges. The cannot install any learning software because they don't have "Admin" rights to install the programs. I wrote down the password on a piece of paper and misplaced it somewhere and now i cannot find it? I cannot log onto the profile that I created for myself or the Administrator account?

Ive tried everything that I could think of that i might of used as a password, but nothing work!. I tried logging on to the Administartor account and tried using "Enter" for the pasword, but nothing works!!!!

When my brother bought the computer, since it was second hand, he did not get the Windows XP cd so i cannot reinstall

Can someone please tell me how i can reset the password for my account or the Administrators account? The kids need to install software, and I keep getting yelled at by my brother to fix the damm thing!!!

In dire need of help!!!

Regards,

Kape.

Re: Forgot Local Admin password on windows xp pro machine.

Posting messages without first reading the welcome notes is not a smart thing to do, especially since your question has been answered a zillion times.

Post locked.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X