Somebody please help me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody please help me

My brother changed the password on his Windows XP Home Edition computer. The next day he forgot what he had changed the password. I've read differen't things on how to "hack" the password but non of them work. I read somewhere that If I connect his HDD to mine that I could go into his folders in the registry and change something and I would be able to change or delete his password. Does anybody here know any info on this or have some advice ? Please don't say re-install or use your cd's to do this or that Becuase I don't have them. Losing the information in the HDD isn't the problem he mostly just has games and stuff that we can reinstall.

Re: Somebody please help me

I quess I posted this in the wrong place. Anyways I already read all the articles have downloaded differen't programs that I can burn into a cd but nothing seem's to work. And I can't use programs that require a floppy becuase the computer doesn't have a floppy drive.

Comment

You are correct that you posted in the wrong forum it should be in the lost password section.

You're best bet is to use on of the disks in that forum to reset the password.

Comment

If the system was purchased witht the OS preloaded, and you NEVER assigned an administrative password ~ press F8 while the system is loading and you will get the Windows boot menu. Boot to safe mode and you should see an icon for Administrator and there will most likely be no password set for it. If you can do this then all you need to do is reset his password and it should work fine. If he was using the true adminstrator account, then you will need some sort of utility to retrieve it. You could slave the drive to your system and copy out everything he wanted to keep, then reformat and reinstall the OS on his drive.

Comment

Could someone please move this thread before it takes off. Thank you.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X