Dell UPS, Tower 1000W - Password not known

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell UPS, Tower 1000W - Password not known

Dell UPS, Tower 1000W, installed 2 years ago by a terminated tech and he changed the default Dell password on the Management Software. I am unable to logon at Administrator or a SuperUser and Dell to tell me how to get rid of the unknown password. They can't even tell me if it is in a config file or in the Registry. Uninstalling requires the password.

Experts Exchange supposedly has a solution but I am still 1200 points away from having free access.

Anyone using Dell UPSes have any suggestions about blowing away the password? Destroying the Server is not an option.

Thanks.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Re: Dell UPS, Tower 1000W - Password not known

Can't you see the ExpertsExchange solution if you go in via -- that's my normal way -- scroll past all the adverts.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
      Dell UPS, Tower 1000W, installed 2 years ago by a terminated tech and he changed the default Dell password on the Management Software. I am unable to logon at Administrator or a SuperUser and Dell to tell me how to get rid of the unknown password. They can't even tell me if it is in a config file or in the Registry. Uninstalling requires the password.

Experts Exchange supposedly has a solution but I am still 1200 points away from having free access.

Anyone using Dell UPSes have any suggestions about blowing away the password? Destroying the Server is not an option.

Thanks.
      Send me the link and i'll get the answer for you.

Comment

Thanks Wullie, PM sent.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X