Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracking PW on SATA Drives?

Hi,

One of our techs has a machine which he can not log into. The admin password is(of course!) unknown.

I have used NT Offline PW plenty of times in the past, but I have noticed it will not work with SATA drives because it doesnt see them.

Any suggestions for a program that will crack a password on serial ATA drives without having access to the system? A work around for NT offline perhaps?

Thanks

Re: Cracking PW on SATA Drives?

As usuall I've have discovered the solution by simply turing my brain on and opening my eyes. thanks anyway.

Comment

And that solution was........?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
        And that solution was........?
        Not sure if this is it but...

On the authors website there have been several revisions of the application to address SATA drives (perhaps he downloaded the lastest build). Also there is a tutorial there to help with making the software work with external SATA RAID controllers.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Ahinson you are correct sir! I had an older build. Downloaded the newest build ISO image which contains drivers for most SATA drives and it worked like a charm. Not sure if the boot floppy will work as is or whether you would have to add your specific driver, but the CD worked flawlessly as it contains all drivers the author has tested.

Comment

Working...
          X