Account keeps locking out after clearing account and blanking p/w

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account keeps locking out after clearing account and blanking p/w

Greetings, I've been successfully using Petter Nordahl-Hagen's password reset tool for over 8 years and it has always worked until attempting to get into an xp machine that came from a disgruntled employee (who had enough tech savoy and spite to do something sinister possibly but I'm at a loss as to what he could have done). While in the Linux program it shows that the account(s) are no longer locked out and the password is blanked but when I restart and try to log in I get error message that the password is incorrect and then when I go back into the p/w reset tool it shows all accounts as locked out again. I have done admin account on it's own as well as combos of other users and I have cycled through shutting XP down properly several times prior to making changes but, even though it shows the p/w is blanked, I still can not get in. The real problem is that I suspect he deleted files and the only way I know to restore them is by getting into his user account. Otherwise I would just hook the drive up to another machine to copy the files and then restore XP and put the files back on it for my client to have. Unfortunately this guy oversaw tech dept. for this client and he didn't back anything up on the server.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. ~Johnie

Re: Account keeps locking out after clearing account and blanking p/w

Disregard... Peter's reset tool is still undefeated! I left the PC on and noticed that it restarted on its own so I think there must have been an update trying to install that fouled up everything. Anyways, after it restarted I blanked the p/w one more time and it worked.

Now I just have to recover deleted files!

Comment

Re: Account keeps locking out after clearing account and blanking p/w

Thanks for the feedback John, it is apreciated. Do you have a good "undelete" app?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X