cant login after changing domain name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant login after changing domain name

I made the typical mistake changed the domain of my company laptop that I use and after rebooting, it simply will not let me login. Now I know of the local admin password reset method but I want to know that after using this method can I again restore back to the company domain and use my original username and password and use company lan etc once I get back to office( I still work there). If you recommend asking the company IT guy then the fact is I am presently on holiday at a far away location to take back the laptop and also I dont wanna appear as some noob.

Re: cant login after changing domain name

You can't rejoin a domain without some contact with the DC so, unless you can set up a VPN, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Is there anyone you can blame it on when you contact the IT guy?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: cant login after changing domain name

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      You can't rejoin a domain without some contact with the DC so, unless you can set up a VPN, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Is there anyone you can blame it on when you contact the IT guy?

You were right. I resetted the admin password and tried changing the domain after logging in but was unable to do so. Fortunately I did a system restore and tada.. domain was restored and I can log back in using the domain username.
      Now as long as I dont need to return back the laptop for servicing I guess they wont find out about it

Comment

Working...
      X